Sunday, January 01, 2006

Tag...you're it!

1. First song you remember hearing on the radio as a child--
"That's the way...uh huh, uh huh...I liiiike it...uh huh, uh huh!" I had a brother eight years older than me, and he played the drums...often on my head and across the whole dashboard of his car when I was about 8 or 9. The 2nd song I remember was "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!" Those were happenin' tunes for the time...

2. First album you remember listening to as a child--My brother's ELO album or the Boston album (it was blue I think). My mom also played stories on a record-player (my kids have actually asked me what that is). We used to listen to old Bill Cosby stand up routines and Grimm's Fairy Tales etc. when we were falling asleep. I've kept a box of those records for YEARS, but lack a device to play them on for my kids.

3. Album that takes you back to junior high-- I went to school where there was no Junior High...you went to Elementary School through 7th grade, then straight into High School in 8th grade as a "Sub-Freshman". They couldn't get away with that nowadays. Anyway, songs that take me back to that "era" are MyAngel is a Centerfold and Freeze-Frame! (J. Geils band), I LOVE Rock and Roll (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts), Eye of the Tiger (Survivor) we did a pom pom routine to that, Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield), Jack and Diane (John Cougar), and 867-5309 (Remember that one by Tommy Two-Tone???), Shake it Up (The Cars)...

4. Most played album in high school -- Madonna True Blue and the Soundtrack to Purple Rain

5. Favorite album in college -- Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's Party

6. Song that reminds you of what it was like to feel cool-- Jump! by Van Halen (David Lee Roth)

7. Favorite albums to road trip with--I just spent 5 days in the car with my kids, and I had my headphones blasting with Bare Naked Ladies-Gordon, Casting Crowns, Meatloaf, Eagles, Styx, Gin Blossoms, Mark Schultz and Third Day...how's that for eclectic???

8. Best relationship angst album or any other albums worthy of mention--I'm all out of love, and I'm so lost without you...I can hear it in my head, but can't remember the artist (my all-informed hubby is sleeping or I'd ask him...)

9. Your personal soundtrack today includes--All my favorite road trip tunes...BNL, Third Day etc. Occassionally I'll listen to Toddler Tunes, but only when it's my turn for carpool, and I want the other Mom's to think I'm one of those "good mom's" who puts my children's preferences above my own while in the car. The unfortunate truth is that all 5 of my kids were born knowing all the words to Weird Science and having a drum beat in their head at all times. They danced before they crawled, but only to some really good head-banging hair bands. Nowadays, they LOVE my Power Ballad CD from Target that has "Every Rose Has Its Thorns" as the first tune.

10. So if this is your personal soundtrack, what's the plot of the movie in 50 words or less--Wedding Singer (girl with wrong guy ends up with right guy in the 80's) crossed with Cheaper by the Dozen (for the obvious reason of we have a million kids) crossed with the Notebook (because that's the kind of love I have with my husband...it could conquer anything).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ned said...

That song was from Air Supply. They were "Lost in Love" before they discovered they were "All Out of Love". I thought they were "All Out of Talent".

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home